Total War Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions/doubts/discussion

Go down 
+2
AKKF32
Pirx
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

Questions/doubts/discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar - 17:13

Should you have any questions regarding the tournament / battle rules, please post them in this topic. Also, you may discuss here all issues connected with the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar - 12:29

I get some questions regarding 3v3. Well, it would be great to start playing some tourney 3v3s. However, there is 1 big problem with that - lag and drops. If you play with mates from the same country - this might not happen. But when there is a tourney game between people from different parts of the world, lag is almost certain. And lag/drops kill the game imo, as Atilla is all about micro, where with lag the game is slow and you have all the time in the world to react on the opponent moves.

So 3v3s might be possible if the game won't be that laggy. Right now its a very risky business.
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar - 18:59

3v3 should be made if every player is more or less from the same region (e.g. America=Canada+US, Europe= all of europe and so on.
Back to top Go down
Diplomatt
The King of Banter
Diplomatt

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar - 21:02

No because then we either have to restrict the the tournament to Europeans or have different scores for different games which will mess up the tables
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar - 0:41

well then 3v3 wont work due to the highly likely lag.
The only think of, is that they test if there is lag or not with a test battle (wont have to complete) and if all players agree (or the captains) then the battle should count.
Back to top Go down
Diplomatt
The King of Banter
Diplomatt

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar - 0:53

You're not listening are you? The format has to be the same for every match up you can't have some teams doing 3v3 and some teams not doing 3v3 because of the way points are awarded in the group stages
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar - 20:16

I dont think you may have understood what I meant or what I said. He wrote in the rules that 1 point i awarded to 1v1 wins and 2 points are awarded for 2v2 or rather team play. Thus 3v3, I would assume, would likely award 2 points for each win. 3 points for a win will make no sense.
Team play is more important than individual play but it cant be 3 times more important, thats just too much.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar - 23:26

AKKF32, if I understand you correctly, you would like to introduce 3v3 instead of 2v2 in case there is no lag and both teams are ok with that?

In that case I think it's nice idea. Under the condition that both teams agree to play 3v3 instead of 2v2, and win in 3v3 will be awarder with 2 points.

Like I wrote, the main idea is to make ppl play team games, and let's be honest - 3v3s are the best team games. If more ppl are of the same opinion, than I may introduce the change in the rules. However, like I said, there must be agreement on both teams on that.
Back to top Go down
[VLR] Blackfish Tully
Hastati
[VLR] Blackfish Tully

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar - 23:56

But will that mean two 3v3? Who is going to play then? In a team with 4 players there might be some difficulties, and basically two people playing twice in a match, considering some people do not have a lot of time there may be an issue.
Maybe we could do a single 3v3 as a decider, if needed.
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar - 0:19

Yeah i kinda meant what Blackfish said. Kepp the 2v2 and try to make 1 3v3. It could be a tie breaker or it could be something else like just adding it. If u add it, then 2 1v1, 2 2v2 and 1 3v3 (idk if this is a smart idea tho)
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar - 0:40

Guys, as I see it, doing 3v3 would be possible only in case there is no lag and 2 teams agree. It might be only as volunteer at this stage of the game (where there is a lot of lag). So to make things clear - there will not be any obligatory 3v3's in the tourney. However, if two teams in a match agree to play 3v3 instead of 2v2, I think they should have such option. Nevertheless, such 3v3 would count as normal 2v2 when it comes to match points (so 2 points for the win). This tourney is all about fun, and I think that if both teams agree that playing 3v3 is more fun than 2v2, they should have option to do it. But again - no obligatory 3v3s in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar - 2:47

i agree but the deciding point has to be 3v3 if possible (no lag in a test battle).
Back to top Go down
AKKF32
Veteran
AKKF32

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar - 21:49

btw how many teams are you guys hoping for??
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar - 22:51

Well, tbh it is very hard to say. Firstly we discussed about teams of 2-4 players. Than we expected up to 20 teams. But in the end we decided it should be actual team tournament, and not the tournament of 2 main players and two reserves. So we decided to go 4-6 players.

The problem is that Rome 2 totally destroyed team scene on multi. There were only 1v1 tourneys, it was all about individual skills. Nobody was interested in team play. Right now things start to change (with Aggony championships and this tourney), but I think its still long road ahead. People still think individually, less as team. Hopefully, this tourney will change it a bit.

To sum up - I think that 10 teams will be nice outcome (we will change the format and run league than), everything more will be great.
Back to top Go down
Cezar
Swordsmen
Cezar

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar - 3:00

How many HA allowed? What is "No faction mirrors". Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar - 9:48

Initially in the Battle Rules there has been limit of 4 horse skirmishers (not counted as foot skirmishers nor as cavalry).
We deleted this limit for the purposes of discussion about cavalry limit. But now, as it is max 6 melee/shock cavalry, the limit of 4 horse skirmishers will be probably be back. However, before making final changes to the Battle Rules we want first to test new patch for a few days. We will do our best to come back to you with final rules before the weekend.

"No faction mirrors" means that if in the battle your opponent takes the faction, you cannot counter it with the same faction. Long story short - in the battle there cannot be two same factions.

btw
Majutsu wrote:

2x GMT+1, 1x GMT-6, 2x GMT-7, 1x GMT+8

This is what I call global village. Wink

Back to top Go down
Orgetorix
Triarii
Orgetorix

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar - 18:05

Replacement in Team Agartha 2: Dzambal is out, Eye is in from reserve.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr - 10:54

You may start arranging and playing Group matches. Deadline is till 12 April.
Back to top Go down
Orgetorix
Triarii
Orgetorix

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr - 11:31

in the group match best of 1,3? Both 1x1, 2x2.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr - 11:36

In each match you play 2 battles 1v1, 2 battles 2v2.

After the match points are summed up and added to the group table. I.e. if you win 4:2 with other team, you get 4 points to the group table, the other team gets 2 points to the group table.

So it is crucial to play all games in the match. Even if you i.e. lose 1:4, there is still 1 point to fight for.
Back to top Go down
Orgetorix
Triarii
Orgetorix

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr - 14:49

Is the order of the fights in a match fixed?
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr - 15:26

No. You may start as well with 2v2s and end with 1v1s. However, it should be remembered who starts picking in each battle (it is written in each match topic).
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 16:03

Guys, in most of matches games haven't been played. I understand that there is a lot of tournaments going, but I don't believe that it is impossible to arrange any games.

Please do your best to play as many games as possible during this weekend. We, judges, really do not want to decide on the results. Battlefield should.
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 23:19

Ok guys, the Group Stage is done.

Thank you all for all your time and efforts. We appreciate it guys, especially in times when Attila's MP has hard life. Although three teams dropped from the tournament and complicated things a bit, and also there had been some slight delays in playing - I generally think that the Group Stage went relatively smoothly. And the teams that were most determined to play and showed the best quality - managed to go to the Knock-out Stage.

The draw for Knock-out Stage has been done automatically by challonge. So any complains should be directed to this website. Wink

The 1/4 pairs are as follows:
- A: THRA vs Aggony
- B: ODM vs F.O.D.
- C: TWR vs Agartha1
- D: RTK1 vs WOLF

To be honest, each and every one of this 1/4 games seems very strong clash. Really. Obviously, I am up to date with all results and I do not see week teams nor favorites here.

I really hope that all teams will treat next games seriously and show their best quality on the battlefield. I am extremely excited to all the clashes.

If anyone wishes to have their games streamed, it could be arranged.

Good luck all.

http://challonge.com/BarbarianTeamTournament
Back to top Go down
Pirx
Evocatii
Pirx

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May - 22:05

Guys, it is about time to start playing games. At start we gave you week and a half so there will be no extensions this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions/doubts/discussion    Questions/doubts/discussion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions/doubts/discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next